Sunday, July 5, 2009

"What do you do with a B.A. in"... THEATRE? (Avenue Q style)

Well, I'm here folks. Where I knew I would one day be, but always thought that I would never get there. I have to warn you, for all of those who have embarked on getting a Bachelors in Theatre it is a tough world. I've hardly been out of college for a summer and already I know. I have a recurring flashback in my mind of my family arguing with me and insisting that I double-major so that I will have a back-up plan when my theatre dreams fall short (notice the use of "when" and not "if"). I remember how I would resiliently fight back professing my love for acting and trying to convince them that there was nothing else that I would ever do with my life. I was so sure that I didn't want an "alternative" plan because that was the only thing that I lived to do; and that was not debatable. Now 4 years later, with a Baceholr's in Theatre and a "full-timeish" waiting job, would I say the same thing? YES!! I have not grown old and bitter enough to say any ohterwise and I hope I won't ever see that day. I know it's tough, like I knew it would be when I started my journey. I can honestly say I didn't fully fathom how tough when I embarked, but I'm up for the challenge and I say that loudly still. Final thoughts to those embarking down this road is: relish in the beauty of it everyday because somedays won't always be as successful, confront yourself and the world around you and lead your community to a better version of itself. Thats why I am determined to do theatre, the world today could use some of that.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to see many more posts from you !! Looking good so far...keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete